VATT is an expert economics research unit
We do high-level scientific research to promote evidence-based policy making. We evaluate the effects of policy measures on individuals, households and firms. The main building blocks of our analyses are large-scale register data sets, profound institutional knowledge and economic theory.
Our research focuses on five themes and ten research areas. For further information on the work in progress and the latest publications in each theme and area, go to the research theme and area page.
Latest research projects
- Long term effects of losing a job are less severe in Northern Europe than in the rest of Europe
- Researcher introduction: research professor Marita Laukkanen
- Marita Laukkanen appointed as a research professor
22.9.2023 Press release
- VATT Day 2023: Choices in Healthcare
- Study: Patient choice reform reduced waiting times in public hospitals
4.10.2023 Press release