VATT is an expert economics research unit
We do high-level scientific research to promote evidence-based policy making. We evaluate the effects of policy measures on individuals, households and firms. The main building blocks of our analyses are large-scale register data sets, profound institutional knowledge and economic theory.
Our research focuses on five themes and ten research areas. For further information on the work in progress and the latest publications in each theme and area, go to the research theme and area page.
Latest research projects
- Finnish Economic Policy Council background report: Lump-sum transfers are the most effective way to address unequal fuel tax burdens to low-income households
18.1.2023 Press release
- Economic Policy Council publishes annual report and holds a seminar Wed 1.2.
- VATT's research professor Tuomas Pekkarinen has passed away
- VATT day 13.10.2022: Housing policy now!
- VATT study: Increases in housing allowance do not increase the rent paid by beneficiaries
13.10.2022 Press release