Business taxation and regulation
We do research on business taxation, innovation policy, industrial policy and the impact of globalization on the structure of the Finnish economy.
Our business taxation research projects focus on the impact of implemented or potential tax changes on the behaviour of firms and entrepreneurs. In our industrial policy research, we particularly look at the effectiveness of research and development subsidies. As regards the international economy, we study the impact of economic integration and the growth in trade on the Finnish economy and labour market.
Current research topics include:
- value-added taxation
- dividend taxation
- mechanisms of the shadow economy and tax planning questions
- network effects in labour market, education and innovation activities
- effects of business subsidies on firms' global competitiveness
- worker-level labour market effects of economic integration and the growth in trade in Finland
We have gathered the essential findings from our studies on international corporate taxation on one page.
- Increasing R&D subsidies and tax incentives pays off, but support must be targeted carefully
13.1.2022 Press release
- Open position: Senior Researcher - Business Taxation and Regulation
- Global minimum corporate tax and reform of taxing rights between countries
- Research group recommends mine tax to be based on profit
28.5.2021 Press release
- The Finnish welfare state succeeded well in softening the impact of the coronavirus crisis on low incomes and inequality