Local public finance and provision of public services
Research in this area consists of public services such as health care, social services and education, as well as state and local public finance, local politics and housing.
Our research projects typically address the effects of public service policy reforms. In particular, we focus on the quality, productivity and effectiveness of public services.
We also have a joint research group on health economics together with the Helsinki Graduate School of Economics.
Current research topics include:
- the costs and benefits of health care information services: particularly the effectiveness of e-prescriptions
- early life environment and human capital formation
- learning outcomes and effectiveness of upper secondary schools.
- the effects of taxing and subsidizing housing
- housing policy and segregation
- voting, political choice and electoral systems.
- Open vacancy: Post doc researcher, Labour economics / Economics of education
- Open vacancy: Post doc researcher, Urban economics
- VATT Day on Oct 25: Early childhood investments - Results from Finland and abroad
- Only slight difference in quality between private and public upper secondary schools
16.5.2018 Press release
- Municipal mergers decreased voter turnout
28.3.2018 Press release