Welcome to the accessibility statement of VATT Institute of Economic Research
This accessibility statement prepared/updated on 22 September 2020 concerns the web service vatt.fi. VATT's web service is within the scope of the Act on the Provision of Digital Services, under which public online services must be accessible.
The accessibility of the service has been assessed by an external expert organisation.
Digital service accessibility status
The site meets statutory WCAG v2.1 level AA critical accessibility requirements partially. The website has the following shortcomings:
- Element ID is not unique (1.3.1)
- A link is distinguished by colour alone (1.4.1)
- A picture with no text alternative (1.1.1)
- Web page has multiple title or no title element (2.4.2)
- Form elements are not grouped (1.3.1, 3.3.2)
- HTML is used to format content (1.3.1)
- Local link destination does not exist (1.3.1)
- Bold tag used to format text (1.3.1)
- Link text used for multiple different destinations (2.4.4)
- Image with no appropriate alt attribute (1.1.1)
- Check box has no text in label (1.3.1, 3.3.2, 4.1.2)
- Heading is missing text (1.3.1)
- Invalid WAI-ARIA role, state or property (4.1.2)
- iFrame is missing a description (4.1.2)
- U tag used to format text (1.3.1)
- aria-labelledby attribute has a reference to an ID that does not exist (1.1.1, 1.3.1, 2.4.4, 3.3.2, 4.1.2)
- Font tag used to format text (1.3.1)
- Insufficient colour contrast (1.4.3)
- Element not highlighted on focus (2.4.7)
- Language specification is invalid (3.1.2)
We are working to improve the accessibility of the website vatt.fi with the aim of ensuring that the website will meet WCAG v2.1 level AA critical accessibility requirements by the end of 2020.
Some of the files on the website date back to the period before 23 September 2018 and are therefore not within the scope of the Act.
The long-term preservation of VATT’s publications is managed by the National Library of Finland’s Doria repository (https://www.doria.fi/handle/10024/147850). These publications do not meet the critical accessibility requirements. Inadequacies in the accessibility of publications published after 23 September 2018 will be addressed as soon as possible.
If you notice accessibility issues on the website, first and foremost give feedback to the site’s administrators. You can do this by sending an e-mail to [email protected] . It may take us up to 14 days to respond.
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive or you do not receive any response within two weeks, you can submit a report to the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. The website of the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland provides detailed instructions for reporting and explains how the matter will be dealt with.