Senior Researcher, PhD
Research areas: behavioural responses social security labour supply taxation
Ongoing projects: Impact of information on the take-up of social benefits Accuracy of the bunching method under optimization frictions
Tel. +358 295 519 461
Tuomas Matikka is a Senior Researcher at the VATT Institute for Economic Research. Matikka’s research is focused on empirical public economics and labor economics, with a particular focus on behavioral responses to income taxes and social benefits.
Tuomas Matikka has worked at VATT since 2012. He received the Ph.D. in economics from the University of Tampere in 2015.
Matikka, T. (2016) The elasticity of taxable income: evidence from changes in municipal income tax rates in Finland. Forthcoming, Scandinavian Journal of Economics.
Harju, J. and Matikka, T. (2016) The elasticity of taxable income and income-shifting: What is "real" and what is not? International Tax and Public Finance, 23(4): 640-669.
Harju, J. and Matikka, T. (2016) Business Owners and Income-shifting: Evidence from Finland. Small Business Economics, 46(1): 115-136.
- How do small firms respond to tax schedule discontinuities? Evidence from South African tax registers
- Does information increase the take-up of social benefits? Evidence from a new benefit program
- The effects of size-based regulation on small firms: evidence from VAT threshold
- The Elasticity of Taxable Income: Evidence from Changes in Municipal Income Tax Rates in Finland
- The Elasticity of Taxable Income and Income-shifting: What is "Real" and What is Not?