Business regulation and international economics
We do research on business taxation, industrial policy and the impact of globalization on the structure of the Finnish economy.
Our business taxation research projects focus on the impact of implemented or potential tax changes on the behaviour of firms and entrepreneurs. In our industrial policy research, we particularly look at the effectiveness of research and development subsidies. As regards the international economy, we study the impact of economic integration and the growth in trade on the Finnish economy and labour market.
Current research topics include:
- value-added taxation
- dividend taxation
- mechanisms of the shadow economy and tax planning questions
- network effects in labour market, education and innovation activities
- effects of business subsidies on firms' global competitiveness
- worker-level labour market effects of economic integration and the growth in trade in Finland
- No major regional differences in firms’ profitability in Finland
4.5.2016 Press release
- Firms’ R&D investments increase innovation
11.3.2016 Press release
- Regional aid displaces economic activity rather than creating more of it
7.3.2016 Press release